09 June 2006

D+2.

I saw it, Johnny. I saw you and the two guys who reminded me of Stan and Ollie, placing a piece.
And then the three of you, and the piece, were gone in a silver cloud. The last thing I saw that night, I NEVER forgot.

Your legs, being sucked into the cloud. (It took me 55 years to figure it out.)

I woke up and thought for a minute you were standing at the end of the bed, looking at me.

Ever since, I've not been able to sleep under a window.

Oh, Johnny...

I'LL BE SEEING YOU
(Sammy Fain / Irving Kahal)
Who was singing:
Kate Smith

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day and through
In that small cafe
The park across the way
The children's carrousel
The chestnut trees
The wishing well

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you



GOODNIGHT WHEREVER YOU ARE
(Al Hoffman / Dick Robertson / Frank Weldon)
Who was playing:
Russ Morgan & His Orch

Goodnight wherever you are
May your dreams be pleasant dreams wherever you are
If only one little wish that I wish comes true
I know that the angels will watch over you

Goodnight wherever you are
I'll be with you dear no matter how near or far
With all my heart I pray everything is all right
Wherever you are goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretfully I've had to update my blog to comment moderation to prevent spamming. LOL, if only the fools knew my blog is seen by a very small and select group-it might help them understand the waste of time it is to spam my blog! Oh well, it's not as though spammers are very bright, after all.