01 March 2006

The Lenten Season begins at Midnight.

I was raised in the Roman Catholic religion. I left it at aged 16 years to 'return' to the Anglican religion.

(Yes, I wrote 'return'. Hey, I became an Anglo-Catholic in the 16th Century-I LIKE IT mostly. Trust me, no outward expression of faith-AKA religion-has it ALL right...)

But my faith has NEVER changed-from Day One, it has been:

I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth;

I believe Jesus bar Joseph is the Messiah, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Blessed Mother, was murdered by the pharisees (status quo seekers), and was buried.

I believe he descended into Sheol, where he brought the good news of the reconcilliation of all souls, and I believe that on the third day he arose body and soul from the dead, then ascended into Heaven where he is seated at the right hand of God, awaiting the appointed time to return to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy and catholic church (the word "catholic" actually means nothing more than 'universal'. Look it up.) the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, and the resurection and re-union into everlasting life.

I know my Redeemer lives, and if we yet live, so we live unto him, if we die, so we die unto him...

And I know when I stand before the Father, which I will do without fear, He will tell me the truth, the only truth I know absolutely that I can trust.

The beginning of wisdom is not fear, but is reverence...

This, then, is my faith. It has never wavered from that day to this, nor will it from this day to my last.

Still, I am trying to figure out something to 'give-up' for Lent-doing so makes me think; I am seriously considering attending Ash Wednesday services-doing so strengthens me; I have promised myself and God that I will take back up my studies, and my observations of certain Anglo-Catholic behaviours common during this time of the liturgical year, doing so in an effort to be a better person who will not disappoint our Father.

You see, I am pretty sure He has high hopes for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretfully I've had to update my blog to comment moderation to prevent spamming. LOL, if only the fools knew my blog is seen by a very small and select group-it might help them understand the waste of time it is to spam my blog! Oh well, it's not as though spammers are very bright, after all.